Why Should New Home Owners Be Part of Your Marketing Strategies?
Statistics show that new homeowners want to personalize their new home purchase within the first 6 months to 1 year. Here is why you should target new home owners in your marketing efforts:
- CASH IN HAND, READY TO BUY: New home owners have disposable income ready to spend on their new home improvement projects and furnishings
- EASY TO GET FINANCIAL APPROVAL: They have good credit ratings, thus making it easy to finance their new purchases to close more sales
- DO NOT KNOW YOUR COMPETITORS… YET: They are new to the area and do not have existing relationships with your competitors, so no loyalties established and are looking for recommendations. Often use advertising to help drive their first impressions.
- WANT TO PERSONALIZE THEIR HOUSE TO MAKE IT A HOME: New Homeowners will spend approximately five (5) times more money than current residents to turn their house purchase into their personal home.
According to a recent report from the NAHB (National Association of Home Builders) based on the CES (Consumer Expenditure Survey) data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the US Postal Service; new homebuyers spend 5.7 times more money than non mover buyers. On average in the first year new homeowners spend:
- Average $10,000 spent in the first 6 months of purchase
- New renters will spend nearly $4,000 in first 6 months
- $5,288 on bedroom furniture, 5.3 time more than non movers
- Mattresses is number one item they buy
- $746 on Sofas and living room, more than 6 times non movers
- $2769 on new appliance purchases
- include televisions, refrigerators, washer dryers, new computer systems
- Outdoors include gas stoves, outdoor kitchens, lawn mowers,
- $4275 on alterations and repairs/remodeling projects
- Kitchen and bath, plumbing, electrical outlets, new AC units, duct cleaning and repair,
- 49% bought items from Home Depot or Lowes in first 2 months
- Window coverings show 24.7 times more than non movers
- 70% hire lawn service or pest control in first 3 months
- 70% are new to area and looking for new church homes
- 95% are looking for new places to eat and things to do
- 60% will change their service providers for cable and internet
- 80% will try new products and services within first 30 days
- 75% will redeem a coupon before, during and after move
SO, HOW DO WE HELP YOU REACH NEW HOME OWNERS
Advertising in our Fun Places & Things Directory will ensure your company is placed in front of thousands of new home buyers every month. Our Local Adventure Guides helps your reach more customers:
- Maximized mailing designed around your in-home service areas. Example, if your company only services Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties you can mail to just these three counties and no where else. Thus improving your response with a higher local saturation.
- Unique Content that is valuable to the home owner. Our directory of activities and things to do is the primary focus of the book. Since the home owners are not familiar with the area yet, they use the directory to find and explore their new community. All the while, your name and brand is being established with them every time they use their directory.
- Less than $0.25 per household. This includes postage, printing, mailing list, fulfillment and all costs necessary to reach new home owners. Typical direct mail cost to do saturation mailing would start at $0.47 and normally run about $0.56 cents per household. If your paying more than
- 35,000+ Potential New Customers Each Year. We use a fresh mailing list each month and do not mail the same people over and over again. Instead, we reach a new set of homeowners every month thus over a year you can reach more than 35,000 potential customers.
- Your ad will not be thrown away immediately. Like some direct mail, consumers will throw away “junk mail” that does not appeal to them. However or Fun Directory provides them insights into their local attractions, activities and is retained for long periods of time. They even share it with others.
- Handy size designed to fit into a purse. Our directory was based on input by a focus group consisting of women, married and single. Our format is designed to be easy to carry in a purse, car glove box and used repeatedly by their families.
If you would like to be included in our next publication, please call us at 386.259.0622 or email email@example.com We look forward to working with you to increase your sales.